1701 East Lake Avenue, Suite 200
Glenview, Illinois 60025




I Had a Slip and Fall Injury at a Restaurant. What Should I Do?

 Posted on February 06, 2024 in Premises Liability

IL injury lawyerWhen someone is injured as a result of someone else’s negligence - for example faulty products, careless installation of furniture, or unsafe practices - they can file a personal injury claim. If you were involved in a slip and fall at a restaurant, an experienced Glenview, IL personal injury lawyer can review your case and advise you on whether you might be entitled to compensation to cover the costs of any resulting injuries.

Important Tips for Filing Your Personal Injury Claim

Without sufficient knowledge and preparation, you might make mistakes that could seriously impact your personal injury claim. Here are some tips to help you have a successful outcome:

  • Make sure to get an incident report. If you were injured due to negligence at a restaurant (if a leaky pipe was left unfixed and you slipped in the water, for example), make sure that the restaurant fills out an incident report that includes the date, time, and all other relevant details about what happened. Take a photo of it on your phone so you can have it in your records.
  • Seek medical care as soon as possible. If another person’s negligence caused you injury, you need to get proper medical care immediately. This will serve two purposes. First, you will know that you are not leaving any issues ignored that could later turn into worse conditions. Second, this will create a medical record proving your claim that you were injured. It will help prove your case to insurance companies and any other authorities involved.
  • File within the deadline. In the State of Illinois, you can file a personal injury claim up to two years after the incident. Make sure you meet these deadlines. Otherwise, you may no longer have sufficient evidence or memory of what happened.
  • Keep records of all your expenses. Make sure to keep all your medical bills, receipts for medications, hospital records, and anything else related to your injury in an orderly place. Your memory alone will not be sufficient to prove your case.
  • Make sure you have good legal representation. These kinds of cases can be quite complex, and there can be specific procedures you need to follow. An experienced lawyer can ensure that you are meeting all your requirements. 

Schedule a Free Consultation with a Cook County, IL Slip and Fall Attorney

If you were involved in a slip and fall incident and want to make sure you will be compensated for your injuries, a knowledgeable Northbrook, IL personal injury lawyer. We will fight for your rights and advocate for your expenses to get covered. Call Gruzmark Law, Ltd. at 847-729-7660 to schedule a free consultation.

Share this post:
Back to Top